Saturday, July 27, 2002

I stand corrected
M., who has seen me after a few glasses of wine, and therefore probably knows me quite well, says "figs and sun-dried sheets" is quite pertinent.


I know, I know. I said I’d leave it. So I’m inconsistent. So I can’t be trusted. So shoot me.
But I like the way Wesley Dabney puts it. “Since we are on the subject of legal targets, what makes a target legal? First, there is something called "necessity" when selecting targets. Some questions the army asks are things like "if we don't shoot this target, will friendlies get killed? Or "would shooting this target save more lives than are currently at that location?" If the answer is yes to either, IT IS A VALID MILITARY TARGET regardless if there are civilians at that location and that is backed up by international case law. You may not like it.. but that is reality. IMO, Israel met the requirements and in taking out the target, saved Israeli lives.”


Blogger is sooooooo sloooooow
Although at first this was annoying, it has turned out to be quite an advantage. While I’m waiting for something to happen on the screen, I’ve been doing long neglected housework.