Friday, August 23, 2002

More about not knowing squat about Israeli politics.
I live in Israel and I have the vote. I have never missed a national or municipal election since 1983. In my daily life, I am surrounded by people who also live in Israel, and also have the vote. I even sometimes talk to them, on the rare occasions I leave my computer. Oh, and I regularly read Israeli newspapers. I even understand them quite well, up to a point. I admit I get stuck when it gets too technical on the business pages. That’s it. I don’t claim to know squat about Israeli politics. What I write are my personal views and feelings, and sometimes views and feelings of people I know. I am in no way a political commentator. If you want quality political commentary go read Haaretz.

Just don’t be surprised when the results of the elections aren’t quite what reading Haaretz led you to expect.