Sunday, March 02, 2003

Positive development for the economy?
As I've often said in the past, I am a complete idiot where money is concerned, but even so, I'm rather pleased about Netanyahu agreeing to be Treasury Minister (although I didn't want him for PM, you'll remember, and I don't particularly like him). He seems to have an idea about what to do, which is more than can be said for the guy he's replacing (and who is replacing him in the Foreign Office). I'm obviously not the only one who feels this way - I hear the stock market has been going right up since Thursday. Netanyahu doesn't have a good record for putting his theories into practice, though. We'll have to see. The Treasury is traditionally an end of the road position for a minister. If he does a bad job, he could be finished politically. Hmmm, that sounds familiar. I guess if his very poor performance as Prime Minister didn't finish him off, we'll never be rid of him. Maybe he's immortal, like Shimon Peres.

On the whole, I'm quite satisfied with the government ministers (although Tzahi Hanegbi shouldn't have got Public security), a very rare phenomenon indeed.