Friday, October 24, 2003

I'm in big trouble with Bish. He brought me home a new and wonderful keyboard ages ago and, enjoying the unplanned break in cyber life (I've been reading a book and watching TV. We were hooked on Spielberg's "Taken" for a few days), I didn't bother to tell you guys. So now Bish thinks you think he is horrible and cruel. You don't think that at all, do you?

I'd like to thank you all for your advice on what to do about coke in keyboard, especially Lawrence who even helped substantially in keeping my visitor count from plummeting. I don't know why I didn't think of sticking the keyboard under the tap, before it was too late, myself. The dishwasher idea amused me greatly, but since I don't possess one (a dishwasher, not an idea, although...), not very helpful for me.

A few years ago my cell phone fell down the toilet (after I'd been, eeeeuuuuwww) and this is just what I did, washed it under the tap and dried it with a hairdryer. I was pretty amazed when it worked as if nothing had happened. Bish reminds me, however that this technique didn't work a few years before that when I made the fatal mistake of putting a pair of his pants in the washing machine with his brand new electronic phone book in one of the pockets (This was before Palms came out, they're more bulky). Bish had just spent hours entering all his phone numbers (It was quite primitive, didn't synchronize with the computer) and he wasn't very pleased with me, and, as you can see, he won't let me forget it.

So anyway, I've got this shiny, new Rolls Royce of a keyboard, with all interesting keys that no way will I ever remember to use, and this is the first time I'm using it. Mazal Tov to me.