Friday, December 05, 2003

Harry Potter countdown: Seven more days till the Hebrew version of #5 comes out. Needless to say I ordered it for the girls ages ago. They're very excited.

I've already read it in English, much to Eldest's frustration. I kept leaving it around to try and tempt her to read it in English, but she said it wouldn't be the same.

I found #5 disappointing, but I'm not sure if it's just not as good as the previous ones, or if it's me that has changed. Blogging has made me more critical of what I read. I'm more aware of manipulation than I was, and therefore more resistant to it. Also, I think I've lost interest in the story, because the breaks are too long between the books. I've moved on. Maybe she has lost interest too, J.K. Rowling, I mean. So much money is riding on it, she must be under such pressure. It can't be fun for her any more.