Saturday, January 08, 2005

What else has been happening, seeing as I have no inclination to discuss new governments, right-wing refuseniks, the threat of wide-spread civil disobedience, or even Palestinian elections?

Well, for one thing, it's winter and my family never fails to succumb to winter illnesses. We haven't had anything really bad this year so far (tfu tfu tfu), but we've been coughing and spluttering our fair share.

Today is a lovely sunny day. I thought I'd get up early and go out for a spin on my bike before anyone else woke up, but just limbering up a bit at home first tired me out, so I decided maybe it was not such a good idea.

I've come to the conclusion that much of my dissatisfaction at work is a result of my sitting alone in a room. I have been playing with the idea of going back to what I did before, which involves far more interaction with other people. It's in the same department, and is therefore not such a big move and I will probably be welcomed, if they have a position for me, because I am experienced and pretty knowledgeable, although things have changed a bit since I stopped doing it. One of the smaller managers has actually been trying to persuade me to make the move, but I'm not sure how much say he really has in the matter.

On the other hand, I like my little kingdom (queendom?), even if it is sometimes a bit lonely. I have a lot of independence and am able to promote things that interest me, or that I think are important. I will miss all that. So I am undecided.

The nicest news is that I have been invited to join cafeDiverso as Storyteller for Israel. I'll tell you when anything of mine is published there. Until that happens, you might like to read some of the lovely stories there written by other people. This is one of my favorites.